Sunday, July 5, 2009

Good Old Fashioned Pen and Pencil

I've been style exploring and in my efforts to find new things, I've been trying to work digitally.

I don't like it at all.

It's uncomfortable and . . . just not fun. In the whole digital computer craze, getting your hands dirty is becoming less 'the norm,' and a wacom tablet and pen much more common.

I really genuinely tried to like working with Photoshop and Illustrator, and without a doubt they have some amazing benefits - like working faster, which is extremely helpful when you're a very busy illustrator. I look at Catalina Estrada's work and am just blown away with the colours and design and cleanness of the whole thing.

But I don't like doing it. I like my artwork a little messy. I enjoy walking into art stores and buying new supplies and trying them out. I love getting my hands dirty.

I'm really happy I gave it a try because now I know for sure that paint is really IT for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment