Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Improvements and Revelations

I discovered the key to taking good photos of your work is having a tripod. The problem I seem to be having is holding the camera still while I'm shooting. Unfortunately, at the moment, there is no steady surface I can place my camera on that is at a 90 degree angle from the photo. So, the photos of my painting is still not 100%. I'm going into Marseille tomorrow, I'll buy a tripod then.

Anyway, I've made some improvements on my Mother Language Celebration painting (that's what I've decided to call it). The trees are more dramatic and you can see their roots (which didn't exist before, as you can see from the pic in the previous post).

Is it finished?

I don't know. I need to sit on it for a few days. But the 'maybe finished' version is pictured below. I like it much better. I still don't feel this photograph does it justice, though. We'll see if there's any difference once I get my tripod and have better lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment